GURU WATER-STOP Shower Waterproofing Membrane
- WATER-STOP is the thinness and lightest without renouncing to its safety
- Pliable – you can feel it when you first see it, such a corner leap solution
- The thin set adhesion on the fleece sides makes no need for compression layers such as mortar beds
- Tile can be installed right after WATER-STOP has been glued to the surface, saving time and letting the installer work more efficiently
- Double wide rolls for safer and faster installations
- Meets American National Standard for Thin-Set Ceramic Tile and Dimension Stone Installations ANSI A118.10 for Load Bearing, Bonded, Waterproof Membranes and ANSI A118.12 for Crack Isolation Membranes. It is in compliance with The Uniform Plumbing Code and The International Plumbing Code. WATER-STOP membrane is an IAPMO listed product (files 9205 and 9990).
WATER-STOP is a flexible and waterproof geotextile membrane that has very good adhesion to surfaces and very low thickness thanks to an innovative multilayer extrusion process. This shower waterproofing membrane creates an innovative concept in waterproofing, it can be installed under floors and on walls thanks to its fibrous layers embedded in the interior plastic waterproofing membrane.
It should also be noted that this is the most profitable waterproofing solution when talking tile installation improvement. Thanks to its unique production way WATER-STOP achieves great crack isolation results and therefore is approved to residential installation and light commercial such as cafeterias or offices.
The best uses of our waterproof membrane Water-Stop are: Waterproofing bathrooms, waterproofing showers, waterproofing shower walls… in short, it is perfect for waterproofing any part of the bathroom.
-Is Water-Stop Membrane a waterproof membrane?
-What type of thin-set do I use for Water-Stop Membrane?
-What size notched trowel should I use to install Water-Stop Membrane?
1/8”x1/8” notched trowel
-Can you tile over Water-Stop Membrane the same day?
Yes, no wait time is required.
-Can you use drywall behind Water-Stop Membrane?
Yes. Once you install Water-Stop over the drywall panels, they will be completely protected from the water and vapor in your tiled shower.
-How do I seal the joints between the membrane sheets?
By doing a 2” lap seam or alternatively sheets may be butted and covered with Water-Stop Band roll.